10/4/09

Cordwood Commentary

It's worth remembering some of the comments people have made about our cordwood house, while helping us build, seeing finished walls, or watching us work:

"This is . . . different . . . "
"This is awesome!"
"Looks awfully tedious." (our neighbor)
"Won't it shift?"
"Won't it heave?"
"How do you keep the bugs out?"
"How long will something like this last?"
"So . . . you're not going to sheetrock inside?"
"You guys are out of your minds!"
"Pretty zen."
"This is really laborious."
"This is crazy!"
"Looks awfully tedious." (our neighbor again)
"This is so cool!"
"I'm happy for you guys, but I'm not really diggin this cordwood thing."
"It's like a fortess!"
"Me, I like to throw up some plywood, some vinyl, and call it good."
"You'll be able to heat it with a candle."
"Looks awfully tedious.' (neighbor---still)
"When I look at that wall, I think of 101 Dalmatians."

And the best one: "I'd say it looks pretty Zombie-proof."

0 comments: